North West Ready Mix is one of Lancashire's leading ready mixed concrete suppliers and is trusted throughout the North West by countless domestic and commercial customers. Established in 1990, our experienced and highly skilled team have a reputation in the region for providing high quality ready mix concrete delivery at extremely competitive prices.
We supply concrete to a diverse range of projects, so whether you need just 1m3 for conservatory footings or a hundred cubes for a commercial development, you can rest assured that we have the expertise to help you get your project off the ground. Our mobile batching plants offer the latest technology and we use raw ingredients that meet or exceed stringent British and European standards.
Why volumetric concrete?
Our mobile batching plants are what are known as a volumetric concrete mixers—specialist vehicles that arrive on site with all the ingredients required to mix almost any type and grade of concrete. There are many advantages to supplying concrete in this way, most notably that due to the concrete being mixed on site, you can never under or over order. This means you pay only for what you lay, from 1m3 to a full load. As such, volumetric concrete proves to be extremely economical and the lack of waste material is also better for the environment.
We can even supply different grades of concrete from the same vehicle, on the same job, and when working on large-scale works we can deploy two vehicles working in relay to ensure an almost continuous pour where the project demands it.
Projects we supply concrete to
- Patio foundations
- Shed, garden structure or wall footings
- Concrete slabs
- Conservatory or garden room foundations
- Foundations for single/double-height domestic extensions
- Industrial floors and foundations
- Warehouse or commercial office foundations and flooring
- Agricultural buildings
- Infrastructure or civil engineering projects
- Concrete slabs
How to choose the right concrete
Any concrete mix will consist of cement, sand or stone and water, in different ratios depending on the application. We offer an extensive range of concrete mixes that are designed to satisfy a variety of uses, from DIY projects such as shed erection through to much larger scale commercial, industrial, agricultural or civil engineering works.
Below you'll find some information on the most common mixes we supply to customers, but if your project has requirements not met by these specifications please get in touch as we can provide a quote for a bespoke mix.
GEN 0 (C7/8)
- Kerb bedding, haunching and backing
- Mass and cavity fill
- Domestic foundations in DC-1 soils
GEN 1 (C10)
- Unreinforced strip footings
- Trench fill and pad foundations
- Floor blinding
- Drainage works
GEN 2 (C15)
- Wall, shed and conservatory foundations
- Domestic flooring with no embedded metal
- Paving for paths and steps
GEN 3/ST 1 (C20)
- Garage, house and extension foundations
- Internal floor slabs
- Driveway base and under paving for patios
ST 2 (C25)
- Domestic foundations and reinforced bases
- Some agricultural applications
- Fence post footings
- Manhole infill, trench fill and kerbing
PAV1/ST 3 (C30)
- Driveway, hard standing and pavement construction
- Reinforced shed, stable or workshop bases
- Unreinforced house or extension bases
PAV2/ST 4 (C35)
- Heavy-duty commercial hard standings
- Reinforced slabs for agricultural storage areas
- Raft foundations and piling
ST 5 (C40)
- Structural and support beams
- HGV parks, agricultural yards and equipment storage
- Footings and foundations
Ready mix concrete near me
Located just off the M65 motorway, our facility in Burnley is perfectly positioned to supply concrete to customers throughout the East Lancashire region. Our modern volumetric batching plants offer the latest technology and are meticulously maintained to ensure consistent quality. Concrete mixing is overseen by highly experienced operators who know concrete and their equipment inside out, and will work with you to ensure supply of the correct type and grade of concrete for the job at hand. Because our concrete is mixed on site we're able to minimise waste, saving you money whilst also helping protect the environment from the impact of the unnecessary disposal of waste material.
Any questions about our ready mixed concrete delivery? Please don't hesitate to get in touch with our team. We're always happy to help.